BigMisterC

11.04.2005

Crappy end to a crappy week...

It was a really rough week at work. There are three people who work in the office, myself included, and I am the only one who works there full time. The other two are actually phlebotomists who help out. Well, one of them was on vacation this week so our already stretched thin department got stretched just a little thinner. I love my job, I really do. I enjoy what I do. But this week could not end soon enough. I didn't even get a chance to take a lunch break all week - ate at my desk instead. As it was, I barely had a chance to go to the bathroom.

I was hoping to end the week on a high note by going to a Phi Theta Kappa function at school tonight. I've been a member for quite a while and have never even been to a meeting. I didn't even make it to my own induction ceremony. So, I was looking forward to meeting some new people, maybe make a couple of connections with people in school. (I really do not have any friends - my social life would make you cry.) Instead, I just sort of sat around, unsure who to approach, who of the students in attendance went to my school. I sat there for almost a half hour and not one person approached me, introduced themselves... I know it's partially my fault - I really didn't put much forth of an effort. But you'd think someone would say something to me, even "Hello" at least.

Nope.

So, I got up and left.

I went home, watched a couple of movies and ate some take-out from 99. It was a much more enjoyable experience, even if it was a tad anti-social.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home