BigMisterC

11.13.2005

Herein lies the problem

It is so easy to write in a blog that it is easy to neglect the damn thing as well. You find something new and interesting that you want to link to, or some interesting little tidbit of information in your email that you want to share - whatever it may be - and think to yourself, "I'll just do it later." But later never really comes. There are other things to do: that novel you have to read for Lit/Comp, the deep fried grits recipe you've been dying to try, the hours to devour playing Final Fantasy VII (again)...

Real life goes on and you feel compelled to record it in your virtual life on line. Kinda... There's just too much going on right now: having to meet with your advisor to add the graphic design certificate to your liberal arts degree, OMG the catfish is almost done, where the hell did lay my wallet down?

Soon you begin to have some strange form of "buyer's remorse." Why on earth did I ever start this thing? When did I think I would find the time to keep up with this damn thing? And it's so much worse when you actually own a domain name and are paying for server space somewhere. That was the deal with bigmisterc.com. I loved having my own domain - my own little digital sandbox to play in. But it was an expensive plaything - more so back then than it is now a days. And it gets to the point sometimes where it just seems way to frivolous to have a vanity domain.

...did I mention that I was thinking about registering bigmisterc.com again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home